Come learn the ins and outs of Geocaching & get ready to start hunting! Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game for children and adults alike that uses GPS-enabled devices. Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache container hidden at that location. Eight Grafton organizations have hidden geocaches somewhere on their property. Participants will have until August 9th to find them. Each geocache contains a prize. Young people who participate will also win tickets for the Library’s Summer Reading Program raffles for each geocache they find. GPS units will be available to borrow from the library.
- Summer Reading officially begins Monday, June 30th, but kids can sign up anytime.
- We have all kinds of great weekly programs during the 6 weeks of summer reading. All of them are free and open to all
kids. You don’t have to be signed up for summer reading to take part.
- Kids can sign up for summer reading online at the Grafton Community Library Summer Reading 2014 site. You can also
sign up in person at the library.
- Start reading and keep track of how many minutes you read between June 30th and August 16th. You can count magazines, or websites, as well as being read to, or listening to audiobooks. Keep track online or get paper reading log from
-Qualify for cool weekly prizes and raffle tickets for the end of the summer drawings
-Write short book reviews of what you read to get extra raffle tickets.
- Preschool children can also get raffle tickets by attending weekly storytimes at the library.
Directions to Babcock Lake Beach Gazebo (55 Beach Rd, Petersburgh, NY 12138): Take Babcock Lake Rd from Grafton to Kautz Hollow Rd, turn left, go about 1/2 mile then turn right onto Kelyer Ave (Babcock Lake sign at this turn), go just under 1 mile and turn right onto Beach Rd., the beach gazebo will be on left.
Our regular Grafton Community Book Club will also be meeting monthly this summer. For more information, to order your copies of the books, contact the library, or use your card to order online (Homer’s Odyssey, The $64 Tomato).