Summer Reading is here!
Stop into the library front desk and sign up for all ages birth to 18+. Below find the guidelines for each age group.
Kids birth to 11:
- Please record the number of minuets read by children on each day in the attached calendar.
- Bring your log to the library each week to be stamped by library staff and receive a prize. Prizes will vary week to week always having the option of a free book for a prize.
- Set personal goals each week for time read with parents or alone.
- Story time attendance counts towards summer reading goals.
- Complete the Summer Reading Challenge book list to receive challenge award and attend a cookie social at the end of the program. Each book must be different for each challenge. Need help selecting a book for one of the challenges? Ask us! We love to assist in book selection. Want to browse on line? Click HERE to see the Association for Library Service for Children 2017 book recommendations. They divide it up into age groups for the ease of parents and care givers.
- Need information on Lexile Levels for school assignments? Click HERE for more information on determining Lexile Levels for books and understanding how it is determined.
Youths 12 – 17
- Record titles you read each week to bring in and get your booklet stamped. Bring home a free book each week you get emoji stamped.
- Complete the teen reading challenge to be able to participate in the Trap Room at the Grafton Community Library. Enjoy a dinner when suddenly you become locked in a haunted library and need to solve the puzzle before the ghost of Grafton Library adds you to the stacks.
Adults 18+ can participate in Tickets for Titles again this year to win prizes including a $50.00 gift card to the Century House restaurant.
See the image below for a full list of our programs. See our calendar by clicking HERE to see our calendar on our web page. CLick each program to see the full description.