Library Associate Needed
Grafton Community Library
Deadline April 29, 2019
Start Date: On or before May 14, 2019
Part Time 8- 13 hrs weekly
Every other Thursday 3 – 8 pm, Friday 3- 8 pm, Saturday 10 am – 1 pm
Job Description – Join the team to provide quality service to our patrons while enjoying the pleasures of working in a small library setting.
Under the supervision of the Library Director, the Library Associate performs responsible and varied clerical library services in the circulation of library materials, performs clerical-administrative work, assists patrons in using library services and facilities, and assists with library programs.
Hours: Works a schedule that includes Fridays, Saturdays and some Thursdays.
Typical Duties:Duties include the following:
- Provides friendly, high-quality customer service to library patrons
- Performs tasks related to opening and/or closing the library
- Performs all duties associated with day to day circulation desk tasks
- Assists library patrons in use of materials
- Assists with operation of public computer terminals
- Performs copying, faxing and printing services on an as-needed basis
- Responds to requests for information and assistance, and refers inquiries to a professional librarian when appropriate
- Responds to routine questions regarding library rules, hours of operation, events and location of materials
- Inspects returned books, materials and equipment for damage
- Assists with library programs as needed
- Oversees the general condition and appeal of the library and its displays
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: High School Diploma required. Library experience preferred but not necessary. We will gladly train the right candidate.
Starting Wage: Hourly, TBD based on qualifications
To Apply: Email resume and three references to: Lise M. Smith firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to Lise M. Smith PO Box H 2455 State Rt 2 Grafton, NY 12082 or drop them off at the library.
Deadline: Please submit by April 29, 2019.